a little bit about us

Monday, April 8, 2013



Lena - When I graduated college last year, I moved back home and worked part time. My mother works full time, so I had to prepare most of my meals on my own. It was a challenge at first, but I started to make and bake food and I found a strange amount of relief in being able to control what ingredients went into each meal. I was tired of the routine sandwiches and salads I daily indulged in during my college years and finally had the capacity to purchase a larger variety of wholesome and nutritious ingredients. From there, I dived into researching recipes and cooking daily. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm excited for this new journey and to share with you the successes I have.


Eunice - Hi there! I have a secret to tell you - I used to bake everything straight from a box shhhhhhhh. The concept of baking from scratch was such a foreign idea until my latter teen years. I'm thankful for that revelation and now happily cook and bake with the freshest ingredients I can find! Besides my love for delicious baked goods, I love to play the cello and create things with my hands. I am excited to be announcing the opening of my handlettered paper shop with you very soon (rosemarypaperco). xoxo

Recipes for the most delicious chocolate pear bread pudding (pictured above with Lena) and brussel sprout and leek tart (pictured above with Eunice) will be posted soon. *All images taken by our dear, talented friend Caroline Yoon. We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Eunice!!!! Ahhhhhhh I'm so so so happy to have found out about you girls' blog (Eddie's fb post), and these pictures are gorgeous as are you gals. I really miss you and need to know how you're doing. :) By the way, the figgy cookies are amazing--I can just tell by the ingredients. Oat flour is one of my favorite things to use in pancakes and in baking since it's so versatile. Before I forget...where did you get these pictures taken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so flipping excited to continue following this blog, lena & eunice.
    CONGRATS! (sorry for such a belated comment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie - the figgy cookies were so great, and yes, we love using different flours. Pancakes sound perfect right now! (And the amazingly talented Caroline Yoon took our photos, her link is above)

    Sarah - thanks for following us ;) we love you!

    ReplyDelete

wild pear All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger